50 Hour Yin Teacher Training August 2020
August 7 @ 08:00 - October 11 @ 17:00£495.00
In this 50 Hour Yin Teacher Training Course you will learn about all things yin.
The course as a whole is a comprehensive 50 hour training course in Yin Yoga for yoga teachers and other disciplines such as pilates/fitness teachers and bodywork specialists. You will receive 50 hours accreditation through the Yoga Alliance USA and Yoga Alliance Professionals upon successful completion of this course. In order to receive these credits you must participate in the whole course and submit homework on time.
First Weekend: SPACE BETWEEN BREATHS : THE FUNDAMENTALS OF TEACHING YIN YOGA
- What is Yin
- Yin / Yang Philosophy
- The Principles of Practice
- The benefits of a regular Yin practice
- Learn the difference between Restorative and Yin yoga
- Yin Breath and Meditation
- Develop your own breath practice for Yin
- Skeletal variations in individuals
- How these variations will affect the shape of asana
- Understanding compression vs tension
- The difference between yin and yang tissues
- Learn the main Yin asanas; contraindications, prop usage, how and when to support with props, alternative poses if a student is struggling, energetic benefits of the poses, entry and exit to keep students safe.
- Transition asanas
- Class structure
- Sequencing basics
Second weekend: ANATOMY OF YIN YOGA – THE PHYSICAL BODY
- Understand the key joints, bones and connective tissueÂ
- Learn how cells work and the importance of the fascial systemÂ
- Learn the 14 skeletal systemsÂ
- Learn the 10 myofascial groupsÂ
- Skeletal variations for the individualsÂ
- Learn the 7 archetypes of of all the yin poses
- Dive deeper into the Yin asanas; contraindications, prop usage, how and when to support with props, alternative poses if a student is struggling, energetic benefits of the poses, entry and exit to keep students safe.
- Class structure
- Sequencing to the individual
Third weekend: ANATOMY OF MOVING ENERGY – THE DAO AND MERIDIAN THEORY
In this Anatomy of Moving Energy; The Dao and Meridian Theory for Yin Yoga we take a weekend dive into Daoist theory and the relationship between the Dao and meridians for Yin Yoga. You will learn about building practices to help move energy, how and when to sequence for specific energy lines for both group classes and the individual. The role fascia plays in relation to the meridians.
- Understand the basic premise of Daoist philosophy
- Learn about the Meridian Lines; energetic qualities and how they manifest in the physical body
- Learn how to sequence yin classes specifically for the meridian pairs
- Theory behind how the Meridian lines are formed in the body
- Sequencing to the individual to help restore balance
Certificate of completion will be given upon successful completion of the whole course. You must hold a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate to receive the 50 hours accreditation with Yoga Alliance Professionals and Yoga Alliance USA.
In order to secure your place please fill in the online registration form and pay the non-refundable deposit of £150. More information on payment will be sent upon receipt of your . The full cost of the training at £495 must be paid in full by 1st July 2020.