How to use a Neti Pot
Ayurveda Morning Practices: The Neti Pot
In this short video I demonstrate how to use a Neti Pot for nasal cleansing. It is a really good practice to do before doing pranayama (breath work) and will really help to invigorate your morning routine.
Some simple practices worth doing every morning in accordance with your dosha.
Morning routines for an invigorating start to your day:
- Wake up before the sun comes up.
- Drink a full glass of warm or room temperature water.
- Clean your face, mouth, and nasal passages and scrape your tongue (you can use a spoon for this)
- Rinse your mouth with water
- Do your morning pages (read more here)
- Do the Neti Pot before yoga / pranayama practice
- Do some light yoga or stretching.
- Meditate for 10 minutes a day. Just coming into your 'being'
- Have a nutritious breakfast according to your Dosha
- Have a relaxing and complete meal at lunchtime; Usually between 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Relax for 20 minutes after food. Try not to snack throughout the day so you can enjoy all meals.
- Meditate in the late afternoon, before your evening meal, for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Dinner should be between 5:00–7:00 pm and it should be as light as possible so as not to disturb sleep. A simple Kitchari and some roasted vegetables is a great evening meal.
- Take some time to read before going to bed ... something yoga related or good for the soul. Try not to watch the news before bedtime.
- Bedtime should be between 10:00 - 11:00 pm.
- Give thanks - say a heartfelt thank you for the day. Remember all the things you are grateful for; family, friends, pets, home, work and remember you are Blessed ... every day your are Blessed.
I hope you can join me for some yoga practice; take a look at the offerings of yoga classes online or perhaps teacher training if you are looking to expand your knowledge of yoga philosophy and practice. Also please remember you can sign up to my monthly updates to see what is happening and other musings beyond asana.