20 Hour Online Yin Yoga Teacher Training Level 1
SPACE BETWEEN BREATHS : THE FUNDAMENTALS OF TEACHING YIN YOGA
Level 1 Course
24th – 26th April 2020
7th - 9th August 2020
In this Fundamentals of Teaching Yin Yoga “The Space Between Breaths” intensive online immersive weekend you will learn about all things yin. This course is a pre-requisite to joining either of the other three online courses.
This is a comprehensive 20 hour training course in Yin Yoga for yoga teachers and other disciplines such as pilates/fitness teachers and bodywork specialists. You will receive 20 hours YACEP accreditation through the Yoga Alliance USA upon successful completion of this course. In order to receive these credits you must participate in the whole course.
- What is Yin
- Yin / Yang Philosophy
- The Principles of Practice
- The benefits of a regular Yin practice
- Learn the difference between Restorative and Yin yoga
- Yin Breath and Meditation
- Develop your own breath practice for Yin
- Skeletal variations in individuals
- How these variations will affect the shape of asana
- Understanding compression vs tension
- The difference between yin and yang tissues
- Learn the main Yin asanas; contraindications, prop usage, how and when to support with props, alternative poses if a student is struggling, energetic benefits of the poses, entry and exit to keep students safe.
- Transition asanas
- Class structure
- Sequencing basics
This is an online live training course which uses Zoom for our live sessions together. You must make sure before signing up you have a good online connection and that the device you are using has a camera and speakers.
6:30 – 7pm Welcome
7 – 9 pm Philosophy / Anatomy
8:30 – 10:30am Yin Practice
10:30 – 11am – Short Tea Break
11am – 1pm – Yin Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy
1pm – 2pm – Lunch Break
2 – 5pm – Yin Posture Clinic
5 – 5:15 Short Break
5:15 – 6:15pm - Yin Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy
10 - 11am Yin Practice
11 - 11:15 Short Break
11:15 – 1pm – Yin Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy
1 – 2 pm – Lunch Break
2 – 3pm – Yin Posture Clinic
3 - 4pm - Yin Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy
4pm - Questions and Final Close
Total Hours of online learning is 16 plus 4 hours of homework.
Homework will be issued at the beginning of the course and will consist of recording a teaching practice, demonstrating and recording alternatives for a series of yin postures and a written essay. Homework will be expected within 4 weeks of taking the training in order for you to receive your certificate of completion.
How to sign up
The cost of the weekend training is £195. Once you have completed payment you will be taken to a registration page which will need to be completed in order to receive the link for your training.
Space between breaths: Fundamentals of Teaching Yin Yoga 20 Hour Online live training course.