20 Hour Online Yin Yoga Teacher Training Level 2
ANATOMY OF YIN YOGA - THE PHYSICAL BODY
Level 2 Course
29th - 31st May 2020
11th - 13th September 2020
In this Anatomy of Yin Yoga "The Physical Body" intensive online immersive weekend you will learn about all things anatomy related to a the physical body for Yin yoga. This course is a level 2 course and can only be taken after successful completion of the "Space Between Breaths; Fundamentals of Teaching Yin Yoga' Level 1 course.
This is a comprehensive 20 hour training course in Yin Yoga for yoga teachers and other disciplines such as pilates/fitness teachers and bodywork specialists. You will receive 20 hours YACEP accreditation through the Yoga Alliance USA upon successful completion of this course. In order to receive these credits you must participate in the whole course.
- Understand the key joints, bones and connective tissue
- Learn the 14 skeletal systems
- Learn the 10 myofascial groups
- Skeletal variations for the individuals
- How these variations will affect the shape of asana
- Learn the 7 archetypes of of all the yin poses
- Dive deeper into the Yin asanas; contraindications, prop usage, how and when to support with props, alternative poses if a student is struggling, energetic benefits of the poses, entry and exit to keep students safe.
- Class sequencing based upon anatomy principles learnt
- Sequencing to the individual
This is an online live training course which uses Zoom for our live sessions together. You must make sure before signing up you have a good online connection and that the device you are using has a camera and speakers.
6:30 – 7pm Welcome
7 – 9 pm Philosophy / Anatomy
8:30 – 10:30am Yin Practice
10:30 – 11am – Short Tea Break
11am – 1pm – Yin Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy
1pm – 2pm – Lunch Break
2 – 5pm – Yin Posture Clinic
5 – 5:15 Short Break
5:15 – 6:15pm - Yin Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy
10 - 11am Yin Practice
11 - 11:15 Short Break
11:15 – 1pm – Yin Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy
1 – 2 pm – Lunch Break
2 – 3pm – Yin Posture Clinic
3 - 4pm - Yin Yoga Philosophy / Anatomy
4pm - Questions and Final Close
Total Hours of online learning is 16 plus 4 hours of homework.
Homework will be issued at the beginning of the course and will consist of recording a teaching practice, demonstrating and recording alternatives for a series of yin postures and a written essay. Homework will be expected within 4 weeks of taking the training in order for you to receive your certificate of completion.
How to sign up
The cost of the weekend training is £195. Once you have completed payment you will be taken to a registration page which will need to be completed in order to receive the link for your training.
Anatomy of Yin Yoga - Diving Deep into the Physical Body (20hr YACEP)